Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - A Look Back

As I sit here on the last day of 2012, I wanted to take a moment to stop and reflect on the past year.  There have been so many ups and downs in the Fender family over the past year.  This time last year I was in tears getting the phone call from the doctor that I was having a miscarriage.  After all we had been through the previous few months, I couldn’t believe that this was how our year was going to end.  Not only was I still mourning the loss of my beloved furry baby, Addison, but now I was having to mourn a harder loss, the loss of my child.  I put on a smile as we had some of our closest friends over to celebrate New Year’s Eve and the beginning of a new year.  As I cried myself to sleep that night, I prayed that 2012 would be a better year. 
My Love - Addison

It took me a very long time to recover, and I am not even sure you ever fully recover from the loss of a child.  God had some big plans in store for us in 2012!  Sometimes when you pray, God doesn’t always give you the answer that you want in your timing.  It is hard to see that in the moment, but His timing is always perfect and is always for a reason.  2012 brought my husband and me closer together and gave our little family so many wonderful things to be thankful for:

Kendall – even though I struggled at times to find love in my heart for her, I do love this dog and am so glad she became a part of our family.  The first several months were tough with the normal puppy aggravations and annoyances, but I wouldn’t trade her for the world now.  Plus, you can’t help but love this adorable face and her goofy personality and love for her brother.




Remi – she has inspired me to do so much more with life and be thankful for the life I have.  Because of her, I finally had the courage to run my first half marathon.  I finally felt that I had accomplished something big in my adult life and knew that if I can do a half marathon, I can overcome anything.  I also got to see her run across the finish line in her first 5K.  What an awesome moment that I will never forget!









Aruba! – having a fun, relaxing vacation with my favorite guy.  It was a chance for us to get away from everything and just have some time for the two of us.






Lakyn – my newest niece was born in August.  She is the cutest most loving baby ever!  I love her to pieces and can’t wait for her and Baby Fender to play together.  I mean how can you not love this face…


She was very excited about Santa coming!


And the most exciting, important event in 2012 – BABY FENDER – after all of the tears, prayers, injections and doctor’s visits, I will never ever forget the moment of hearing my baby’s heart beat for the first time.  I will never forget seeing and feeling the baby move for the first time.  I will never forget the moment the hubs and I found out we were having a little girl.  All the pain that we had experienced in 2011 was all worth it for those moments as well as the ones to come.  I am so blessed by this miracle that has been given to us.




So here is to 2012 and the New Year to come!  I can’t wait for 2013 and all of the exciting things that it has to bring.  To my two blog readers – thank you for following along our journey over the past year.  The Fenders wish you and your family all of the best in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment