Saturday, April 20, 2013

My Letter to Baby K


Tomorrow you will be considered full term, which means you are allowed to come out!  Your dad and I have been waiting for you for several years.  All of the waiting, hundreds of fertility injections and tears will all be worth it when we get to hold you in our arms for the first time.  Since the moment we found out I was pregnant with you, we have talked about what/who you would look like and dreaming about what you would be like.  I hope that you have your daddy’s blue eyes and laid back personality.  We all hope that you have my hair and not the Fender balding gene.  HA!  So many people have prayed for you that I can’t even count the number.  I can’t wait for the moment when we see your beautiful face and hear your sweet cry for the first time.

We are both named after one of the most wonderful women in this world, my grandmother.  My prayer is that you will grow up and be as sweet, loving and caring as she is.  I can’t wait to see you in your daddy’s arms for the first time.  I remember the look on his face when he felt you move in my belly and can’t wait to see what his face looks like as he holds his sweet daughter for the first time.  I can’t wait for your grandparents to meet you for the first time.  You are the first for my parents, which make you extra special to them.  I can’t wait for you to meet your god-sister, Remi, for the first time.  To have both of my favorite girls together for the first time will definitely be a special moment. 

Your father and I are already so proud of you and can’t wait to see what you accomplish in this life.  The world isn’t always a wonderful place, but I know that your smile will make it even better.  We will love you until our last breath and thank God every day for you.  We hope that these last few weeks go by quickly, so you can be here with us.  We promise to love you and take care of you for the rest of your life.  We love you so much already and can’t wait to meet you!

All of our love forever,

Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment