Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Party

This past weekend we got to celebrate Kearington's first birthday with our family and friends.  My favorite children's book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so we decided to use that as our theme.  One of my best friends who is crazy talented was nice enough to design her invitation for me.  Obviously there isn't a gray box on the actual invitation, I just didn't think my two readers...I mean the world needed to know where I lived.  :)





I decided to brave it and make Kearington's cake/cupcakes myself.  The night before was very stressful, but I think overall they turned out okay.  I am no Martha Stewart, but I think K was happy and that's all that matters!





K didn't sleep well the night before her party, so I was worried that it would end up being a horrible day.  She did great though!  She was a trooper with all of the people that wanted to hold and play with her.  I think she had a good time at her first birthday party.  Here are a few more pictures from that day:








A good friend of mine from high school has a cookie business now, so I had her make some VHC cookies for the party too.  They were amazing!!  Follow @theroyalcookiecompany on Instagram to see all of her amazing cookies.








I am very OCD about keeping things clean when K eats, so it was all I had in me to not try to immediately wipe her off when she stuck her hands in the cake.  I will say that she is a clean eater at least, which is nice.  Also, I know you are all jealous of the awesome wallpaper in my house.  If you would like some for your own walls, I have a few extra rolls!  HA! 






We had a great day and appreciate all of our family and friends that came and spent it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment