Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dear Hadley,

*A guest post by Kearington

I can't believe that today you are one year old!  I remember when my parents found out they were having a little girl and were so excited because they knew we would be best friends.  They told me all about you the day you were born - like how beautiful you were, how much hair you had and how lucky you were to have parents that loved you so much.




Even though it was a long six weeks, I will never forget the day we finally met.  Yes, I remember meeting you for the first time even though I slept the entire time you were there.  



Who knew all of the adventures we would have together during our first year.  I can't imagine a better friend to get to experience a lot of firsts with.  These are a few of my favorite moments together during the last year:

Sky Top Orchard - this was the first time I had ever gone to an apple orchard.  Our parents were acting all kinds of crazy trying to get us to smile and laugh for that strange black thing they had pointed in our faces.  I was fascinated with your feet, after all yours were only the second set I had ever noticed before.


The first time my mommy left me with your mommy - you held my hand the entire time and let me know it would all be okay.  Thanks for being right beside me until my mom came back.






My first tooth - you checked it out and let me know it was all okay.  You told me about your experience with teething, which helped me know it would only hurt for a short time.



Five Guys - because who doesn't like eating a burger and fries with your bestie?



Our morning talks - I love catching up on the previous day with you.  You always have the best gossip to tell over a warm cup of coffee!



Our First Halloween - I can't believe our parents made us dress up in these silly outfits and didn't even give us candy.  How rude!


Our First Christmas - I'm sure this is only the beginning of matching Christmas pajamas.  One day we will be able to tell our parents how weird they are.  I loved how we didn't sit still to get back at them for making us match.  We sure were cute though!



Our First Vacation together - my mom is kind of moody in the morning before her coffee, so I'm just glad we made it a week without any fights or arguments.  I did enjoying sharing my car with you, but it might not quite go down like this fifteen years from now...just sayin.






Our First Hot Air Balloon Ride - oh wait...


I just want you to know, even though we might throw some punches


Or choke each other



You will always be my best friend in the whole world and my partner in crime.  I can't wait to spend more time together and experience more firsts in the years to come.  I and my parents love you to the moon and back!  

Love always,

Kearington


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HADLEY!!






No comments:

Post a Comment